Tuesday, December 19, 2006

About Oromo refugees in Yemen


Abdulhamid Ahmed roobaa@aol.com



I am writing to express my concern regarding Oromo Refugees who are suffering in Yemeni Jails.
As you are aware, the Yemeni nation has been very supportive of Oromo refugees for the last 20 years. More importantly, the two nations have so many things in common: culture, intermarriage and trade.
I happen to be a close friend of the former publisher of this newspaper Dr Abdulaziz Al-Saqqaf, may Allah bless his soul. Similarly, most Oromos have families and friends in Yemen. I would expect the larger expatriate Yemeni community who lived in Oromia and other parts of Ethiopia would voice their concern to the Yemeni authorities about Oromo refugees in Yemen.
I would also request the current publisher of the most respected newspaper in Yemen, “The Yemen Times” to voice their protest about the mistreatment of Oromo refugees.
Thank you for being the voice of the voiceless.

No comments: