Monday, November 20, 2006

Oromo, Oh! Bilisummaa you live very far away!


Oh! Bilisummaa you live very far away!

Wise men of the old days
who saw what freedom costs
Left us a proverb that is soo deep
Telling us in black and white,
That the price of freedom has never been cheap!
For freedom was given to you the day you were born
Prayer and begging won't make things work
if you are willing to endure the colonial yolk.
He who beg for what he has by birth
Surrendering his right to his likes
Shame is his fortune while he is on earth
And restless his "Ekera" would be even in the afterdeath.
Thousands fall to rise the fallen "Bokku"
Millions perished for their "waadaa' and 'kakuu'
Their blood is not in vein, however
But narture the freedom tree forever
As it was propheted by Mamo Mazamer.
Said it was nothing impossible for God
And yet written in Holy books are God's word
That we must not, we must not beg,
But regain freedom through bone and blood!!!!!

Debel Girma.
Debel Girma Kenea <kensilga@yahoo.ca> wrote:


Oromo <opsa@erda.net> wrote:
Oh! Bilisummaa you live very far away!
Wake up every morning looking out my window
I stare and I stare, my heart full of sorrow
17 Years have passed-by and I am still in pain
I have begged and prayed but so far in vain
It is incomprehensible why I have been cursed so
After 17 years of grief, I 'd thought Bilisummaa would follow

But cursed I was and cursed I shall remain
I have too many dreams, few I can sustain
As I look up dejected to the Waqayyoo above
The blue underlines how there is so little love

I searched from one horizon to next
I checked every forest and nest
I stared up and down the sky
Hoping to see Bilisummaa fly

Too many wings out there, seeking my attention
All beautiful but none worthy of mention
The bird I seek the most has deserted me
I 'd give all I have for that priceless beauty
Oh Waqayyoo grant me one unselfish wish I have
Is it a sin to yearn for a very special love

Flap your wings my way and bring that peaceful breeze
Take away my sadness and put my broken heart at ease
So desperate I am to regain my peace of mind
Without you in my life, the world is just not kind
All hopes and dreams I have can only start with you
From my heart to my eyes, you need to soothe me through
Oh you Bilisummaa you live very far away
I am waiting and waiting for you to fly my way!
Rundassa Ashete Hunde
November 2006
Oromo <opsa@erda.net> wrote:

No comments: